Well, we made it to the end of 2020. If that doesn’t deserve a high five and cheers with your very favorite beverage, I do not know what does. You know what? We all deserve a prize or at least a gift. As we celebrate these winter holidays, we wish you some well-deserved rest and some time to rejuvenate. We hope you can share some meaningful moments with people you love in whatever creative ways that can happen this year.
Our gift to you? A few of our favorite (virtual) things. Some things to read, to watch, to listen to, and to taste. Thank you for all the moments you’ve shared with us this past year. From our work family to yours, cheers to a healthy, thriving new year. Here’s hoping we’ll get to see you in person sometime real soon.
Books we’re really digging
- Think Like a Rocket Scientist Ozan Varol
- The Power of Meaning Emily Esfahani Smith
- Caste Isabel Wilkerson
- What’s Your Problem? Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg
Books we’re looking forward to reading
- Think Again Adam Grant
- 10 Lessons for a Post Pandemic World Fareed Zakaria
- Wintering, the power of rest and retreat in difficult times Katherine May
- A World Without Email Cal Newport
Favorite podcasts for leadership and workplace learning
- “Making Positive Psychology Work” with Michelle McQuaid
- “Work Life” with Adam Grant
- “Dear HBR” by Harvard Business Review
- “Code Switch” by NPR
Super fun show with loads of leadership wisdom
Ted Lasso (Apple TV)
Favorite holiday recipes
- Jen’s favorite latke recipe. These are lighter because they use cornstarch instead of flour, and they get so crispy and delicious. Give them a try on this eighth night.
- You have to try this vanilla custard slice from Smitten Kitchen, and if you are a fool for napoleons like Jen is… this will be magical.
- Ruby Martini – a recipe passed along to Evan from a family mixologist. 2 shots Vodka, 1 Shot Patron Citronge Orange Liquor, ½ shot Chambord, Lime Juice
- My family (Evan’s) always made Japanese Gyoza on the holidays. I’ve been making these as appetizers with my stepson the past few years.
- Jack just tried this snazzy beverage, the Nor’easter and gave it a thumbs up