How we do it
Strategic planning works best when it is question-based, engaging, strengths-focused and agile.
We use a simple, powerful model called the Agile Canvas, organized in four conversations: Dreaming, Clarity, Gifts, Doing. The Canvas not only produces a strategic plan, but also new ways of working the plan called, “strategic doing.” The Canvas is a flexible process that can be easily learned and led by any team.
Why it’s important?
- Align around direction and actions
- Create a strategic plan for any length of time (2-5 yr, 10-20 yr, etc)
- Prioritize strategic initiatives
- Make strategic planning more inclusive
- Discover agile ways to work together, implementing your plan
- Collaborate across teams and silos
Strategic Alignment for the Next 50 Years
“Thrive At Work taught our team a new method of project management and Trello is still being used in virtually every project. The year they came and talked to the group I felt was the most organized our team meetings were.”
– Derek McDonald, University of Pittsburgh
From Static Plans to Real Time Strategic Doing
“The main impact that you made was helping us use the tools you showed us to better understand and organize our workflow. It helped us to break down complicated systems into easier to manage steps. It also helped us with handing off projects to others.”
– Jesse Honsky – Instructor, Case Western Reserve University
Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing
People support the strategy they help create